NYC Health+Hospital/South Brooklyn Health Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB-GYN) Residency Program is approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) for three residents per year in the four-year program. Applicants must be committed to a lifetime medical career in women’s reproductive health and must be willing to establish a pattern of life-long learning.
Application Accepted Exclusively Through ERAS
- NYC Health+Hospital/South Brooklyn Health is a participating member of the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Applicants must register through NRMP to be considered.
- Applications are accepted exclusively through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) of the American Association of Medical Colleges.
- Available USMLE scores will be reviewed as part of your application for a residency position. Successful completion of USMLE Step 2 CK and CS is required to become a resident at NYC Health+Hospital/South Brooklyn Health. We do not have a minimum score requirement, however, current resident USMLE Step 1 scores average 240 and USMLE Step 2 scores average 250.
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation must be submitted through ERAS in addition to the MSPE (Medical Student Performance Evaluation) from the dean of your medical school, for a total of four letters.
- Applications received by November 1, 2020, will be considered.
- Our program follows all CREOG and APGO guidelines. For more information, please visit the APGO website.
International Medical Graduates
- NYC Health + Hospitals/South Brooklyn Health OB-GYN Residency Program accepts foreign medical graduates. Visas are accepted if consistent with those of the institution (usually J1) pending review and approval by the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program and NYC Health + Hospitals/South Brooklyn Health.
- There is no minimum USMLE score requirement.
- Previous clinical training in the United States is not required.
- There is no minimum time requirement between graduation from medical school and application for residency.
Resident Eligibility and Selection
- Selection criteria are consistent with the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) General Requirements and NYC Health + Hospitals/South Brooklyn Health Human Resources policies on Equal Employment Opportunity and Hiring Guidelines.
- NYC Health + Hospitals/South Brooklyn Health Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency program receives more than 400 ERAS applications each year for three available positions. A team of faculty reviews applicant documents and grants interviews based on ability, aptitude, academic record, and personal qualities such as motivation, ethical standards, and integrity. The Residency Program does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, sex or age (except where sex and age are bona fide occupational qualifications).
- Applicants selected for interview will be notified by e-mail and given an opportunity to choose one of the designated interview dates via Thalamus GME, an online scheduling service.