NYC Health + Hospitals is the nation’s largest municipal health care delivery system in the United States dedicated to providing the highest quality health care services to all New Yorkers with compassion, dignity and respect, and regardless of immigration status or ability to pay.
We are an integrated network of hospitals, community-based health centers, long-term care and rehabilitation facilities, home care services, correctional health services and a health plan, MetroPlus. Our diverse team of health care professionals – 45,000 strong – provide culturally responsive care to more than one million patients every year in more than 70 patient care locations across the five boroughs of New York City.
As a safety net health system, we are committed to making health care accessible and affordable. We focus on health and wellness with an emphasis on keeping communities healthy, not just treating injury or illness. We advance health equity by consistently addressing social determinants of health, ensuring workforce diversity and creating models of care that remove barriers for special populations experiencing a disproportionate burden of illness.
Our skilled clinicians offer the full continuum of care including primary care, urgent care, behavioral health and specialty services in every area of medicine to improve the health of the communities we serve and help all New Yorkers live their healthiest life.
- Gotham Health Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Post-Acute/Long Term Care Nursing Facilities
- Community Care Services
- NYC Care Program
- ExpressCare – Urgent Care
- Correctional Health Services
- MetroPlus Health Plan
Mission & Values
NYC Health + Hospitals is committed to excellence in health care. Our providers work together to provide comprehensive, personalized care to all New Yorkers.
- To extend equally to all New Yorkers, regardless of their ability to pay, comprehensive health services of the highest quality in an atmosphere of humane care, dignity, and respect.
- To promote and protect, as both innovator and advocate, the health, welfare, and safety of the people of the City of New York.
- To join with other health workers and with communities in a partnership which will enable each of our institutions to promote and protect health in its fullest sense – the total physical, mental and social well-being of the people.
NYC Health + Hospitals’ vision is to be a fully integrated health system that enables New Yorkers to live their healthiest lives.
NYC Health + Hospitals is built on a foundation of social and racial equity and has established the ICARE standards for all our staff. It will help us offer our patients a better experience when under our care and will increase staff awareness to become better engaged with the mission and vision of the organization.