NYC Health + Hospitals/South Brooklyn Health provides outstanding neurological care to you and your family, with patient dignity at the forefront of our efforts. Our department of neurology provides comprehensive consultation, evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of nervous system disorders, including:
- Epilepsy and other seizure disorders
- Brain tumor, spinal cord tumor
- Brain infection, spinal cord infection
- Intracerebral hemorrhage
- Parkinson’s disease, tremors, and other movement disorders
- Peripheral neuropathy (muscle pain, numbness, tingling, difficulty walking)
- Stroke and Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA or mini-stroke)
We are designated as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Patients with acute stroke onset receive state-of-the-art care at our facility and can be assured that we meet rigorous standards, including improving outcomes for patients, compliance with care guidelines and protocols, and timeliness of treatment.
Neurological symptoms can be scary and confusing. Sometimes, they come on suddenly, as in the case of an acute stroke, and other times they can be chronic, as is the case for many migraine sufferers.
Neurological disorder symptoms can include:
- Headache that changes or is different than is typical for the sufferer
- Headache that is persistent or comes on suddenly
- Impaired mental ability
- Lack of coordination
- Loss of feeling or tingling
- Loss of sight or double vision
- Memory loss
- Weakness or loss of muscle strength
Our team of Board-Certified neurologists has extensive expertise in diagnosing neurological disorders. We can quickly figure out the neurological cause of your symptoms and provide you with the best neurological care with compassion and understanding.
Our skilled technologists provide diagnostic and non-invasive imaging tests to ensure you receive the correct diagnosis, including:
- Electroencephalography (EEG): Measures electrical activity in the brain using small metal discs attached to the patient’s scalp. EEG can help physicians diagnose various brain disorders, including seizures, tumors, and others.
- Evoked Potential (EP): Records how fast and complete nerve signals reach your brain. Often used in conjunction with other tests, these tests can detect nerve and brain damage more acutely than a neurological exam.
Once we determine your diagnosis, we work with you to ensure you understand your diagnosis and discuss options for treatment. We also coordinate with other care providers to ensure you receive an integrative plan that you can follow. We make sure you receive the best treatment possible.
South Brooklyn Health provides neurological consultations and treatment for hospital patients, patients treated at our outpatient facilities, and children treated at our pediatric clinic.
Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of care to patients.
For more information on Neurology, or to schedule an appointment, please contact:1-844-692-4692.