NYC Health + Hospitals/South Brooklyn Health’s Dental General Practice Residency Program is a CODA accredited one year program with an optional second year.
- 2 week Anesthesia rotation
During this Rotation residents will gain knowledge of the pharmacology of various anesthetic agents and adjuncts to anesthesia. Residents will experience airway management as well as pre-operative, intra-operative, and post-operative care of patients undergoing anesthetic.
- 2 week Emergency Room rotation
During this Rotation Residents will participate in the diagnosis and treatment of medical, surgical, and dental emergencies. Residents will perform basic patient evaluation, obtain medical and social history, review of systems in both urgent and non-urgent cases, and utilize diagnostic imagining to determine appropriate plan of care.
- On call rotations
- Mandatory attendance at all medical and dental lectures and dental conferences
- Outpatient dental care in our state of the art dental clinic.
All residents will be members of CIR Union.
- Residents salary based on CIR union contracted rates
- 12 paid holidays
- Sick leave with pay for documented illness
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Medical, dental, disability and life insurance
- $400 CME reimbursement for advanced educational off site conferences
Policies on Blood-Borne and Infectious Diseases are available by contacting Dr. Lyssikatos by email at email@example.com or by phone 718-616-0437.