The Geriatric Care Center at Woodhull Hospital provides services to seniors 65 years of age and older. The Center is staffed by geriatric doctors and nurses, professional and support staff who are specially trained in working with seniors and who understand your unique needs.
Most of the staff of the Center is bilingual Spanish/English and translation services are available for those who need it. The hours are Monday through Friday, from 9am to 1pm by appointment.
Each patient has one doctor who coordinates all care. The services include:
- Screenings (i.e. dental, podiatric, emotional health)
- Preventive care as well as treatment of general medical conditions including diabetes, hypertension, cardiac disease, respiratory disease, etc.
- Comprehensive social service evaluation and assistance with access to appropriate entitlements, programs and senior services
- Consultation and education (i.e. nutrition, pharmacy)
- Assistance with transportation to appointments
- Outreach to senior centers and senior housing
Make an appointment by calling (718) 963-8537 during clinic hours. After hours call (718) 388-5889.
We are located at Woodhull Medical Center, 760 Broadway (Broadway and Flushing Avenue), on the main floor (2nd level), in Room 2AB-121.