At NYC Health + Hospitals/Woodhull, our Women’s Health Services team provides comprehensive obstetrical, gynecological and midwifery care for all women. Our newly renovated maternity service offers single-bedded, private, family-friendly labor and birthing suites; private mother-baby rooms with rooming-in services; state-of-the-art equipment; and an advanced security system.
The spacious newborn nursery has fully-equipped Neonatal Intensive Care, and Continuing Care Unit; a well-baby nursery; and a dedicated breastfeeding education room. As a Level 3 nursery and member of the Regional Perinatal Center at Bellevue Hospital, we are capable of caring for the most acutely sick or at-risk pregnant women and newborns.
We are the 1st Baby Friendly, USA hospital in Brooklyn. We encourage mother and baby bonding from the first moments of newborn’s birth!
Your primary Ob/Gyn provider will work with you to manage your care and coordinate referrals to other services. The caregivers are board certified/eligible physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and certified midwives. We are committed to communicating with our patients in their preferred language so we offer free language assistance services.
Inpatient and Outpatient/Ambulatory Care Services
- Antepartum Care
- Labor and birthing
- Postpartum Care
- Gynecological Care
- Family Planning
– Pregnancy testing
– Pre-conception counseling for both parents
– Contraceptives (including intrauterine devices, emergency contraception, birth control pills, etc.)
– Pregnancy release – via elective termination
– General preventive care
– Cervical, gynecological, and breast cancer screening evaluation and management
– Urogynecological care
– Infertility care
– Well woman Care
– Comprehensive prenatal care, including high risk services
– Genetic screening and counseling (Amniocentesis and Maternal Alpha-Feto Protein)
– Nutrition screening/assessment/counseling
– Social work screening/assessment
– Laboratory tests/procedures
– Tubal ligation counseling
– Dental screening and referral
– Prenatal education classes
– Obstetrical Ultrasound Services (i.e., sonograms)
- Patient/family education
– Prenatal care
– Breastfeeding instructions and support
– Newborn infant care
– Disease/condition-specific concerns
- Other services
– Prenatal dental care
– HIV counseling and testing
– Nutrition services
– Social work support
– Insurance application assistance and financial counseling
- For more information or to request a tour, you may call 718-630-3149.
- Woman, Infants and Children (WIC) – a supplemental nutrition program that provides free, healthy foods for pregnant or breast-feeding women and children under the age of 5. You receive checks every month to buy the food you and your children need, ideas on how to prepare healthy and tasty meals for your family, and help in getting other healthcare services you need. For more information about the WIC program, visit www.health.ny.gov/prevention/nutrition/wic/.
Nationally Recognized Safe Sleep Hospital
NYC Health + Hospitals/Woodhull has earned Bronze recognition in National Safe Sleep Hospital Certification by Cribs for Kids, an organization dedicated to preventing sleep-related deaths through parent education, staff training, and community outreach.
Remember the ABC’s of Safe Sleep
- Alone: Babies Should Sleep Alone
- Back: Place baby on their Back.
- Crib: Put baby in a safe crib.
For Safe Sleep tips:
Click here for English
Click here for Spanish
Abortion Services at NYC Health + Hospitals/Woodhull
To make an appointment to receive detailed counseling about your options, including financial support, please call 718-963-8251.
Abortion care is available Wednesdays.
You can also call 1-844-NYC-4NYC to schedule an appointment at any NYC Health + Hospitals facility.