At NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi, we recognize that families are vital to the healing process and critical members of the healthcare team. As such, we welcome family members, as defined and identified by the patient, to visit to contribute to patient well-being.
- Family members are encouraged to visit during the hours of 1:00 pm and 8:00 pm to allow for patients to have ample visitation, yet still allow for rest, recovery, and healing.
- These time frames are flexible and visitation outside of the specified time frames is permissible. The patient’s nurse will be the liaison to the interdisciplinary team when discussing accommodations outside of the usual visiting hours.
- Children under the age of 16 are encouraged to visit when accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
- In order to protect the health and well-being of patients, family members and staff, there may be times when health screenings may be implemented to ensure that all visitors are free from contagious disease.
- On occasion, there may be times when visitation may be limited or restricted all together. These circumstances, and the rationale behind them, will be clearly communicated to the patient and family.
- Some specialty areas may have additional guidelines for visitation – please check with the information desk.