In accordance with new municipal law, and in the best health interests of our patients, smoking anywhere on hospital grounds is prohibited.
Social Work Department
Social Workers are specially educated professionals who are available to you and your family to help with your care and assist with social or personal problems. Social workers oversee the discharge planning process and arrange for post-hospital services, home care services, and nursing home transfers. For example, if you need special equipment in order to go home safely, social workers make the necessary arrangements. If you wish to see a Social Worker, ask your doctor or nurse or call the Social Services Department at 718-918-5387.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi has Catholic, Jewish, Protestant, and Muslim chaplains. Please speak with your nurse if you would like to see a Chaplain or attend services. The Catholic, Jewish, and Protestant chapels are located in Building #1, 2nd Floor. The Muslim Mosque is located in Building #1, 3 West.
- Catholic Mass is held Monday through Friday at 12:30 p.m., Saturday at 5 p.m. and Sunday at 10 a.m.
- Jewish Services are held Monday through Friday at 1:45 p.m.
- Protestant Services are held on Tuesday at 12 Noon.
- Muslim Services are scheduled in accordance with the Islamic lunar calendar.
Patient Representatives are available to assist you with any questions, concerns, or problems you may have regarding hospital services, patient care, patient safety, or any special needs. They can arrange for translation services, notary services, or chaplain visits. They can explain your rights as a patient, address complaints, or assist with any ethical issues which may arise during your stay.
To speak with a Patient Representative, simply ask any staff member to contact the Patient Relations office on your behalf, or you may contact the office directly by calling 718-918-5245.
Complaints can also be referred to: New York State (NYS) Department of Health Centralized Hospital Intake Program
Mailstop: CA/DCS, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12237
Patient-Centered Medical Home
Our dedicated Care Team provides coordinated, evidence-based care and tools to manage your health. Our staff are available on evenings and weekends so you can get care when it fits your schedule. And we can connect you with a doctor by phone at any time, day or night.
Our goal is to help you live the healthiest life possible and to build healthy neighborhoods.
Specialty and Hospital Care
Because we are part of the largest public health care system in the country, we can provide easy referrals to a vast network of hospitals, home care services, nursing homes and specialty care providers across the city.
Preparing for your doctor’s visit
When you first visit the doctor, we will review your medical history, examine you, order any necessary tests or provide referrals to other services you may need. To help get the most out of this visit, please bring:
- A list of the medications you are taking
- The name, address, and phone number of your pharmacy
- Any medical records you wish to transfer from another doctor. Our clerk will help you transfer the information to our clinic.
What It Means to Be a Patient of Patient-Centered Medical Home
- You have a personal primary care provider with a Care Team to meet your needs and answer your questions
- You have easy access to your Care Team through evening and/or weekend hours
- You get your own care plan to help you reach your treatment goals and manage your own health at home
- Your care is coordinated across different providers and facilities, including specialists and the emergency department
- You have access to a variety of self-management tools and patient education resources
- Your Care Team helps you find other resources and support in your community
- You can easily access and maintain comprehensive information about your health and the care you receive by signing up for our patient portal
Affordable Health Care and Medications
Our mission is to provide health care to all New Yorkers without exception. We accept most insurance plans and offer discounted fees if you do not have insurance or your insurance does not cover what you need. We also offer discounts on prescription medications. Our on-site health insurance specialists can help you sign up for a health plan that is right for you.
Children who under the age of 19 and residents of New York State may qualify for Children’s Medicaid or Child Health Plus. Our front desk staff and financial counselors will be happy to help you apply. All clinical services are available to children, including vaccines, regardless of the family’s ability to pay.
Primary Care Services Available: Adult Medicine, Pediatrics
Languages Spoken by Care Teams: English, Spanish, and Albanian. Jacobi also offers interpreter services for over 150 languages.
Adult Medicine Hours:
- Monday, Friday 7:30am – 5pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 7:30am – 7:30pm
- Saturday 8am – 12pm
How Do I Reach the Clinic?
Call 718-918-5700 to schedule same-day appointments (Monday & Friday 7:30 am – 5:00 pm; Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays 7:30am – 7:30 pm; Saturday 8am – 12pm)
Call 718-918-5700 for 24/7 clinical advice.
Behavioral Health Services
Preventive services, including: vaccinations, rapid HIV testing, sexually transmitted disease screening, mammography and colonoscopy referral.
- Monday – Thursday 7:30am – 6pm
- Friday 7:30am – 5pm
How Do I Reach the Clinic?
Call 718-918-5437 for general pediatric or specialty services appointments (Monday – Thursday 7:30am – 6pm and Friday 7:30am – 5pm)
Call 718-918-5437 for 24/7 clinical advice.
HIV Primary Care Hours:
- Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5pm
How Do I Reach the Clinic?
- Call 718-918-4567 for Pediatric Comprehensive Services (Pediatric HIV). The clinic is open Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
- Call 718-918-4333 or 718-918-4332 to schedule appointments for Adult Comprehensive Services (Adult HIV) and for 24/7 clinical advice. The clinic is open Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm.