NYC Health + Hospitals is debuting a 22‐week Emergency Department Nursing Fellowship Program to nurses with no prior emergency department clinical experience. The Emergency Department Nursing Fellowship Program builds on foundational nursing skills to further enhance the knowledge and skills of fellows to ensure they are equipped to deliver safe patient care in a fast‐paced emergency department.
This fellowship program uses a blended learning approach, which includes the use of various teaching methodologies including evidence‐based e‐learning modules provided by the Emergency Nursing Association, in‐person lectures, simulations and role playing. Professional development opportunities and mentoring are provided during and after the conclusion of the fellowship program. A three‐year employment commitment is required from participants.
The NYC Health + Hospitals Emergency Department Fellowship Program provides:
- Patient simulations at the NYC Health + Hospitals Simulation Center
- Clinical immersions in the Emergency Department and inpatient units
- Clinical rotations through Emergency Departments within NYC Health
- Hospitals Health System
- Trauma Nursing Core Course certification preparedness
- A certificate of completion and graduation