Beacon Award for Excellence
NYC Health + Hospitals nurses and nurse leadership have been honored with the Beacon Award for Excellence from the American Association of Critical‐Care Nurses (AACN).
The AACN is the largest specialty nursing organization in the world, representing the interests of more than half a million acute and critical care nurses and includes more than 200 chapters in the United States. The Beacon Award for Excellence is a significant milestone that recognizes unit caregivers who successfully improve patient outcomes and align practices with AACN’s six Healthy Work Environment Standards. Units that achieve this three‐year, three‐ level award with a gold, silver or bronze designation meet national criteria consistent with the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet Recognition Program®, the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award and the National Quality Healthcare Award.
Facilities that have received the AACN Beacon Award for Excellence include:
Gold‐Level Beacon Awards
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue Cardiac Care Unit (CCU) 12‐28‐2022 to 12‐28‐2025
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Elmhurst Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) 10‐17‐2022 to 10‐17‐2025
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Woodhull Intensive Care Unit (ICU) 13‐2‐2023 to 13‐2‐2026
Silver-Level Beacon Awards
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Elmhurst Coronary Care Unit (CCU) 10‐3‐2022 to 10‐3‐2025
- NYC Health + Hospitals/South Brooklyn Health Surgical Intensive Care Unit (SICU) 10‐18‐2022 to 10‐18‐2025
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan Adult Intensive Care Unit 6‐9‐2021 to 6‐9‐2024
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Queens Intensive Care Unit 12‐15‐2019 to 12‐15‐2022