Health Insurance Search
To find out if your health insurance is accepted at NYC Health + Hospitals, click here
If you have health insurance, not all of our hospitals or health centers may participate in your plan. You can find specific details about:
- how to reach our financial counselors,
- what health plans our hospitals and health centers participate in, and
- what the cost is for many of our services.
Avoid Surprises. Reduce your chances of receiving an unexpected invoice for non-emergency healthcare. Get information about how to reach our financial counselors, what health plans we participate in, and the costs for many of our services.
Patient-Centered Medical Home
Our dedicated Care Team provides coordinated, evidence-based care and tools to manage your health. Our staff are available on evenings and weekends so you can get care when it fits your schedule. And we can connect you with a doctor by phone at any time, day or night.
Our goal is to help you live the healthiest life possible and to build healthy neighborhoods.
Specialty and Hospital Care
Because we are part of the largest public health care system in the country, we can provide easy referrals to a vast network of hospitals, home care services, nursing homes and specialty care providers across the city.
Preparing for your doctor’s visit
When you first visit the doctor, we will review your medical history, examine you, order any necessary tests or provide referrals to other services you may need. To help get the most out of this visit, please bring:
- A list of the medications you are taking
- The name, address, and phone number of your pharmacy
- Any medical records you wish to transfer from another doctor. Our clerk will help you transfer the information to our clinic.
What It Means to Be a Patient of Patient-Centered Medical Home
- You have a personal primary care provider with a Care Team to meet your needs and answer your questions
- You have easy access to your Care Team through evening and/or weekend hours
- You get your own care plan to help you reach your treatment goals and manage your own health at home
- Your care is coordinated across different providers and facilities, including specialists and the emergency department
- You have access to a variety of self-management tools and patient education resources
- Your Care Team helps you find other resources and support in your community
- You can easily access and maintain comprehensive information about your health and the care you receive by signing up for our patient portal
Affordable Health Care and Medications
Our mission is to provide health care to all New Yorkers without exception. We accept most insurance plans and offer discounted fees if you do not have insurance or your insurance does not cover what you need. We also offer discounts on prescription medications. Our on-site health insurance specialists can help you sign up for a health plan that is right for you.
Children who under the age of 19 and residents of New York State may qualify for Children’s Medicaid or Child Health Plus. Our front desk staff and financial counselors will be happy to help you apply. All clinical services are available to children, including vaccines, regardless of the family’s ability to pay.
Primary Care Services Available: Adult Medicine, Pediatrics
Languages spoken by Care Teams: English, Spanish, French
Adult Medicine Hours:
- Monday – Thursday 9am – 7pm
- Friday 9am – 4pm
- Second Saturday of every month, 8am – 4pm
- Monday – Wednesday, 8am – 7pm
- Thursday, Friday, 9am – 5pm
How Do I Reach the Clinic?
- Call to make an appointment and for 24/7 clinical advice
- Call for insurance information or billing questions
Our primary care teams are specially trained to help you manage all of your health conditions and keep you healthy. We provide services for:
Chest and lung disorders
ENT (Ear, Nose, and Throat) care
High blood pressure
HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases
Mental health counseling and support
Prenatal care, ObGyn
Stomach/digestive disorders care
WIC program and nutritional services
9/11 health conditions
HEALTHY CHILDREN & ADOLESCENTS
Our pediatric specialists care for babies and children of all ages. We also provide confidential sexual and reproductive care for adolescents 13-21 years old.
Our services for children and teens include:
Flu shots and other immunizations
HIV and STD testing
Mental health counseling and support
Speech and hearing tests