Our mission is to provide the highest quality of care to New York’s population and to deliver health care to every patient with dignity, cultural sensitivity and compassion, regardless of ability to pay.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue Celebrates 280 Years of Caring for the People of NYC
As NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue commemorates its 280th anniversary in 2016, we take pride in our rich and unique history and the many historic milestones that have made us a leader in health care – then and now.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue is America’s oldest operating hospital, established in 1736. We have a long and distinguished history of innovative contributions to public health, medical science, and education.
Today, we continue the special NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue traditions:
- A spirit of inclusiveness—all are welcome
- One standard of care for everyone
- Responsiveness to community needs
- Providing continuity of services, and,
- Advocating for health care as a right.
Affiliated with the NYU School of Medicine, NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue offers a wide range of medical, surgical, and psychiatric services and is a major referral center for highly complex cases.
Our state-of-the-art facilities include:
- A 25-story patient care facility housing more than 800 inpatient beds and six Intensive Care Units
- A world-renowned Emergency Service and Trauma Center, and
- A 6-story modern Ambulatory Care Pavilion.
With a full-time attending physician staff of more than 1,200, NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue is committed to delivering high-quality patient care, to preventing disease, and to educating medical professionals.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue is a member of NYC Health + Hospitals, the nation’s largest public hospital system.