Memory Care for Dementia and Alzheimer’s
Our team of doctors, nurses, and therapists is sensitive to the challenges dementia care residents and their families face every day. Our goal is to ensure the best quality of life while keeping you or your loved one safe and active.
We ensure that are residents always feel engaged, safe, and comfortable. If we notice changes in behavior, we may work with our on-site behavioral health providers to adjust treatments or introduce new forms of support.
Our personalized Memory Care Program may include:
- Visits with doctors and therapists to assess the level of functioning
- Daily routines to make sure residents are eating, sleeping, and engaging in activities at regularly scheduled times
- Recreational therapies such as art class and social gatherings
- Specialized physical and rehabilitation therapy
- Participation in our Music and Memory Program, which provides residents with playlists of their favorite music
- Palliative and behavioral health services for residents and their families
We offer on-site clinical services and an array of therapeutic recreational activities to support our residents’ overall well-being. Learn more about amenities and quality of life at NYC Health + Hospitals/Coler.