At NYC Health + Hospitals/Coler, our goal is to support you in achieving a high degree of functioning so you can live your healthiest life. Our care teams will develop a personalized plan of care just for you based on your preferences, interests, and lifestyle.
Recreation Therapy at NYC Health + Hospitals/Coler
We offer individuals of all abilities the opportunity to participate in interactive and enjoyable activities, including:
- A Residents’ Gym, which has many types of equipment to help you stay physically active. Our therapeutic recreation specialists will help you select exercises that are appropriate for your condition.
- A Computer Lab with the latest technology, such as flatscreen monitors and high quality color printers. Adaptive equipment allows residents to use computers with simple head and arm movements.
- A variety of projects, writing, and art classes to foster your creativity. We also put on a yearly art show, where you can display your work.
- Our radio station offers music and facility news.
- Social activities include movie night, a sweetheart ball, professional sports games, a drama club, and visits from pet therapy animals.
- Entertainment activities and outings to events and cultural centers.
- Individual and group resident music programs, including playing instruments and sing-a-longs. A Music and Memory Program provides personalized music playlists for our dementia patients.
For more information about NYC Health + Hospitals/Coler, please call us at