Specialized Care for Serious Injuries and Medically Complex Services
NYC Health + Hospitals/Coler offers highly-specialized services for individuals in need of medically complex care. Our expert clinical teams are there every step of the way to help patients improve and feel better.
Our specialized services include:
- Tracheostomy (breathing tube) care
- Enteral feeding
- Peritoneal dialysis
- IV therapy
- Pain management
- Wound care
Expert Wound Care
Coler has one of the lowest rates of acquired bedsores (wounds related to staying in a nursing facility) in New York State.
Our team of specialists has more than two decades of experience delivering advanced treatments for chronic, non-healing wounds. Our treatment practices include:
- Specialized care. Including frequent visits from our nursing staff and wound care specialists to make sure your wounds are dry, clean, and protected.
- Pressure relieving devices. Protect and support the pressure points of your body to enhance healing of chronic wounds.
- Vacuum-Assisted Closure (VAC) Therapy System. Applies negative pressure to the wound to drain fluids, remove infectious material, and stimulate healthy tissue growth to promote healing.
- Specially modified wheelchairs. Adjustable protective padding to fit your body shape.
- Specialty mattresses. Air is pumped at regular intervals in to the mattress to redistribute the pressure from your body to prevent and heal bedsores.
For more information about our specialized care and services, call