We offer a wide range of on-site services and amenities that make our facility feel like home.
We also encourage our residents to get out and enjoy the parks, historic landmarks, and local shops of Roosevelt Island:
Enjoy On-Site Amenities:
- A beauty/barber shop that offers hair washing, haircuts, color, and nail services.
- A gift shop where that sells snacks, lottery tickets, toiletries, and small gifts. (Open from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday.)
- Phone interpretation services available 24 hours a day for more than 150 languages, including American Sign Language. Adaptive translation services are also available if you are not able to use a phone.
- A Computer Lab that features the latest technology, such as flatscreen monitors and high quality color printers. Adaptive equipment allows residents to use computers with simple head and arm movements.
- A resident-run radio station offers music and facility news.
- A resident laundry room.
- An on-site library with books, current magazines, and quiet places to read.
- Multi-denominational pastoral care and weekly religious services.
Explore the Roosevelt Island Community:
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Park. Visit the only memorial dedicated to the former president in his home state of New York. This park is a stunning tribute to Roosevelt’s historic Four Freedoms speech.
- Lighthouse Park. Located just north of the NYC Health + Hospitals/Coler campus, the grounds of this historic lighthouse make a great place to have a picnic and enjoy views of the East River.
- Roosevelt Island Visitor Center. Here you can learn more about the history of Roosevelt Island as well as area attractions and restaurants.
- Red Bus. Ride the Red Bus to points of interest all over the island free of charge.
- Roosevelt Island Tramway. This cable car ride features some of the most exciting views of New York City. Small fee payable by MetroCard.
For more information about NYC Health + Hospitals/Coler, please call us at