We also encourage our residents to get out and enjoy the parks, historic landmarks, and local shops of Roosevelt Island:
Enjoy On-Site Amenities:
- A beauty/barber shop that offers hair washing, haircuts, color, and nail services.
- A gift shop where that sells snacks, lottery tickets, toiletries, and small gifts. (Open from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday.)
- Phone interpretation services available 24 hours a day for more than 150 languages, including American Sign Language. Adaptive translation services are also available if you are not able to use a phone.
- A Computer Lab that features the latest technology, such as flatscreen monitors and high quality color printers. Adaptive equipment allows residents to use computers with simple head and arm movements.
- A resident-run radio station offers music and facility news.
- A resident laundry room.
- An on-site library with books, current magazines, and quiet places to read.
- Multi-denominational pastoral care and weekly religious services.
- A Subway restaurant is located in our lobby. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Explore the Roosevelt Island Community:
- Franklin D. Roosevelt Park. Visit the only memorial dedicated to the former president in his home state of New York. This park is a stunning tribute to Roosevelt’s historic Four Freedoms speech.
- Lighthouse Park. Located just north of the NYC Health + Hospitals/Coler campus, the grounds of this historic lighthouse make a great place to have a picnic and enjoy views of the East River.
- Roosevelt Island Visitor Center. Here you can learn more about the history of Roosevelt Island as well as area attractions and restaurants.
- Red Bus. Ride the Red Bus to points of interest all over the island free of charge.
- Roosevelt Island Tramway. This cable car ride features some of the most exciting views of New York City. Small fee payable by MetroCard.
For more information about NYC Health + Hospitals/Coler, please call us at 212-848-6000.