Applicants may apply for the training sites at NCB and/or Jacobi. The cover letter should specify whether the applicant wishes to apply to one or both sites.
We accept the online APPIC Application for Psychology Internships (AAPI), available at www.appic.org. Please include a deidentified, integrated testing report that includes a Wechsler and a Rorschach in the Supplemental Materials section. If you do not have experience with these tests, please include a report with similar instruments and indicate in your application how you plan to obtain such experience prior to internship. Feel free to send us questions regarding your application materials.
- Each applicant is responsible for compiling all the documentation that is requested, including APPI Online Application, CV, transcripts, integrated test report and only three letters of recommendation.
- Your application must be received by November 15th, 2023 at 11:59pm EST.
- Please be aware that we participate in the APPIC Internship Matching Program. You must obtain the Application Agreement Package from the National Matching Services, Inc., P.O. Box 1208, Lewiston, NY 14092-8208, Tel# (716) 282-4013, Fax# (716) 282-0611, Internet web address: www.natmatch.com/psychint. Please note: once matched, all interns-to-be are required to pass preliminary background checks including fingerprinting, clearance from the Child Abuse Registry and health clearance, including drug screening, through our Human Resources Department before formal appointment.
- Our APPIC program code is 1444. The Match code for Jacobi is 144413. The Match code for NCB is 144412. Please indicate in your cover letter to which site/sites you are applying. You may apply to either or both sites but please submit only one cover letter.
- We look for applications with a specific interest in and, preferably, experience with a community similar to that served by our health system (i.e. multiethnic minority population).
- Bilingual, bicultural, minority and culturally competent applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
- NYC Health + Hospitals, of which Jacobi and NCB are member facilities, is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Internship Admissions, Support, and Outcome Data: Please click here to view additional information about our internship.
- Internship Brochure: Please click here to access our Intern Brochure, which gives more detail about our program.