The Women’s Health Center is designed for the special gynecological needs of women of all ages. Our full range of gynecology services include obstetrics (pregnancy) services, family planning, urology and much more.
NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central Bronx’s Midwifery Program is the largest of its kind in NYC. The midwives have a collaborative relationship with the obstetricians, and provide thorough, knowledgeable and compassionate care during and after pregnancy.
Women’s Health Services
- Pap tests
- Mammogram Screening
- Bone Density Testing
- Genetic Brac Testing
- Family Planning Services
- High Risk Pregnancy Care
- Fetal Assessment
- Breastfeeding Education/Support
- Lamaze Classes
- Fetal Assessment
- Prenatal Care Assistance Program (PCAP)
- WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) Programs
For more information about the WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) program, visit www.health.ny.gov/prevention/nutrition/wic/.
The increasing rate of breast cancer makes good breast care a priority for all women. Our Breast Service is dedicated to the prevention, care, and management of breast disease. We provide regular imaging through mammography and ultrasound. We also offer full treatment services provided by a team of physicians from Oncology, General Surgery, and Plastic Surgery, each of whom has expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer.
Specialists in this area are experts in diagnosing and treating diseases of the urogenital system which include the reproductive organs and the urinary system.
- We have 24-hour rooming-in for your baby and special visiting hours for siblings.
- A nutritionist is available to assist you in designing a diet, exercise. and wellness plan.
- Classes in breastfeeding, infant care, Lamaze and parenting are offered.
- Social work services and insurance counseling are available. Regional Perinatal Service – We have Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialists on staff for high risk pregnancies Full range of genetic counseling, and testing, including NT screening.
Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) is the leading cause of death among infants between 1 month and 1 year of age. Click here to learn what you can do to help your baby sleep safely and to reduce your baby’s risk of SIDS.
Abortion Services at NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central Bronx
Abortion care is available Mondays and Thursdays.
You can also call 1-844-NYC-4NYC to schedule an appointment at any NYC Health + Hospitals facility.