Correctional Health Services – Leadership
Patricia (“Patsy”) Yang, DrPH Senior Vice President
Patsy Yang is NYC Health + Hospitals’ Senior Vice President for Correctional Health Services, a division that provides medical, mental health, nursing, substance use, dental health, social work, discharge planning, and reentry support services to individuals in the City’s jails. The Division is also an essential partner in the City’s work to reform the criminal justice system. Dr. Yang holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Brown University, and a Master of Public Health degree and a Doctor of Public Health with Distinction degree from Columbia University.
- Shavon Reid-Smith, BS, Coordinating Manager
Aaron Anderson, MPA, MSEd Assistant Vice President for Finance and Risk Management
Aaron Anderson is the Assistant Vice President of Finance and Risk Management for NYC Health + Hospitals/Correctional Health Services. Aaron oversees finance, medical records, patient relations, risk management, and central pharmacy operations. He holds Bachelor of Arts and Master of Science in Education degrees from the University of Rochester, and a Master of Public Administration degree from Syracuse University.
- Cary Cheung, BS, Senior Director of Health Information and Risk Management
- Denisha Simpson Franklin, MPA
Nancy Arias, RN Chief Nursing Officer/Deputy Executive Director
Nancy Arias is the Chief Nursing Officer/Deputy Executive Director for NYC Health + Hospitals/Correctional Health Services. Nancy is responsible for the planning, directing, and managing of the Division’s Nursing and Infection Control Services, overseeing more than 300 staff. She holds an Associate of Applied Science degree from CUNY/New York City Technical College and a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from CUNY/Hunter-Bellevue School of Nursing, Hunter College.
- Tanisha Bowen, RN, Deputy Director of Nursing
- Consuelo Butron, RN, Deputy Director of Nursing
- Colette Raspanti, RN, Deputy Director of Nursing
Carlos Castellanos, MBA, CCHP Chief Operations Officer/Deputy Executive Director
Carlos Castellanos is the Chief Operations Officer/Deputy Executive Director for NYC Health + Hospitals/Correctional Health Services. Carlos is responsible for overseeing all jail health operations and the administrative aspects of our expanding pre-arraignment screening and forensic psychiatric evaluation court clinic programs. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice from Monroe College and is a Board Certified Professional in Correctional Health Care.
- Diana McGee, BA, Director of Central & Strategic Operations Administration
- Clarence Muir, CCHP, Director of Health Service Administration
- Rosemary Grant, BA, Director of Central Administration
- Naresh Ramlochan, BA, Director of Central Supply Services
Ellie Epstein, MPH Assistant Vice President, Reentry and Transition Services
Ellie Epstein is the Assistant Vice President, Reentry and Transition Services for NYC Health + Hospitals/Correctional Health Services. She is responsible for leading efforts to ensure continuity of care between jail and community settings, and fosters relationships with partner agencies to support reentry. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Art History from Mount Holyoke College and a Masters of Public Health degree from Columbia University.
- Cecilia Flaherty, BA, Deputy Director of Reentry and Transition Services
- Justin Butler, LCSW, Director of Special Populations Reentry and Transition Services
- Kate Axelrod, LMSW, Director of Clinical Court Advocacy
Jessica Laboy, MBA Chief Administrative Officer/Assistant Vice President
Jessica Laboy is the Chief Administrative Officer/Assistant Vice President for NYC Health + Hospitals/Correctional Health Services. Jessica oversees information technology, human resource management, labor and affiliate relations, credentialing and background administration, payroll and timekeeping, and occupational health administration. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Administration from CUNY/John Jay College.
- Jeffrey Herrera, BA, Senior Director of Information Technology
- Stephanie Palmadesso, JD, Senior Director of Employee and Labor Relations
- Wilma Soto, BA, Senior Director of Human Resources
Jeanette Merrill, MPH Director of Communications and Intergovernmental Affairs
Jeanette Merrill is the Director of Communications and Intergovernmental Affairs for NYC Health + Hospitals/Correctional Health Services. Jeanette oversees internal and external communications, media and government relations, and legislative affairs. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Relations from Boston University and a Master of Public Health degree from Columbia University.
- Nicole Levy, MPH, Deputy Director of Communications & Intergovernmental Affairs
Ashley Smith, MPA Chief of Staff
Ashley Smith is the Chief of Staff for NYC Health + Hospitals/Correctional Health Services. Providing project management oversight and support to the CHS leadership team, Ashley ensures cross-departmental collaboration. She also coordinates CHS’ planning efforts for the new Borough-Based Jails and Outposted Therapeutic Housing Units. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from Iona College and a Masters in Public Administration from the University at Albany, Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy.
- Monica Katyal, JD, MPH, Senior Director of Monitoring & Evaluation
- Sean McNerney, MPA, Director of Quality Management
Bipin Subedi, MD Chief Medical Officer/Senior Assistant Vice President
Dr. Bipin Subedi is the Chief Medical Officer/Senior Assistant Vice President for NYC Health + Hospitals/Correctional Health Services. He oversees the psychiatric provider service, mental health administration, and court services. Dr. Subedi completed his undergraduate degree at Haverford College, received his medical degree from the Albert Einstein School of Medicine, and trained in general psychiatry and forensic psychiatry at the NYU School of Medicine.
- Maria Creta, RPH, CCHP, Director of Clinical Pharmacy
- Zachary Rosner, MD, Chief of Service, Medicine
- Lauren Stossel, MD, Chief of Service, Mental Health