At NYC Health + Hospitals, we want you to live your healthiest life. That means providing primary care — regular check-ups for you, as well as your whole family.
NYC Health + Hospitals treats routine illnesses and educates you about maintaining and improving your health and those that you love. Our compassionate team of primary and preventive health care experts will also help with challenging health issues by referring you or your family members to our team of specialists.
Best of all, we’re in every borough, so helping you stay well and feel your best is convenient. We have appointments that fit your busy schedule, including extended hours, with a full wellness team helping you from your very first visit at one of our neighborhood health centers.
What Is Primary Care?
A primary care doctor is the best first point of contact for all of your health needs. Primary care doctors are trained to diagnose and treat a wide variety of health problems. Their specialty is keeping you healthy. A primary care doctor can:
- Diagnose and help you manage chronic conditions, like asthma, diabetes and high blood pressure
- Make sure you get the preventive services you need, like routine screenings and immunizations
- Refer you to qualified specialists as needed
- Support you in reaching your personal wellness goals
Your relationship with your primary care doctor is key to your health. Regular visits help you get to know your doctor, making it easier to talk about your health concerns. Your doctor also gets to know you well enough to ask the right questions and catch issues before they become serious.
Primary Care at NYC Health + Hospitals
NYC Health + Hospitals offers high-quality primary care services for you and every member of your family. Our primary care doctors work in teams with other providers, such as nurses and social workers, to ensure that you get the right care at the right time.
If there’s a health care need that’s important to you, it’s important to us. We provide services for the whole family, including:
- Check-ups, routine health screenings and immunizations for children and adults
- Chronic disease management, including heart care and diabetes
- Adolescent health services
- Behavioral health services
- Women’s health and maternity-care services
- Well baby care and pediatrics
- Senior care and geriatric specialties
- Help with quitting smoking, losing weight and any other wellness goals
Find a Primary Care Doctor Near You
NYC Health + Hospitals/Gotham Health has primary care doctors in your neighborhood with daytime, evening and weekend appointments to fit your schedule.