NYC Health + Hospitals has specialized care for older adults. We especially value their lifelong contributions to New York City, so we want to give back by helping older people live longer and healthier too.
How We Care for You
NYC Health + Hospitals offers comprehensive primary and preventive services for seniors that are affordable. We accept Medicare and Medicaid plans. Our goal is to deliver the best and most compassionate care to improve the health and well-being of all of New York’s older adults who need it. NYC Health + Hospitals helps senior patients:
- Avoid taking unneeded medications
- Get their medications when they’re in the hospital
- Avoid falls and accidents when they’re in the hospital
- Understand and follow care instructions when they go home from the hospital
- Educate family members to help care for them if they need assistance at home
All of our health care centers treat and manage many common conditions of older adults, including:
- Heart disease
- Memory disorders
- Chronic pain
NYC Health + Hospitals makes it easy for seniors to get all the health care they need with special attention to safety. Special features include:
- Exam rooms big enough for wheel chairs and family members who come with them
- Pharmacy and transportation services
We offer older adults the best health care possible so they can stay healthy, independent and feeling their best, so they remain active in their lives and in their communities.
NYC Health + Hospitals provides high-quality health care to all New Yorkers, regardless of their ability to pay. We’ll also help you find health insurance if you need it. Click here to learn more about MetroPlusHealth, our affordable and comprehensive health insurance plan.
NYC Health + Hospitals provides medical services for older people at all our hospitals and neighborhood health centers. We have full wellness teams in every borough with extended hours that fit your busy schedule, dedicated to serving you and your family from the very first visit. Learn more about our extended hours.