If you are 12 or older, we’re here to help you no matter what. That means we’re here for you regardless of ability to pay, immigration status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Check out the NYC YouthHealth Services webpage
We provide the following YouthHealth services:
Sexual and Reproductive Health Services
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs): Testing and treatment for STIs, including chlamydia, gonorrhea, HIV and other diseases
- Birth control, including the pill, the patch, the ring, Depo-Provera (“the shot”) and condoms. We also offer or refer for other forms of birth control such as intrauterine devices (IUDs) or implants.
- Emergency contraception, also known as the “morning after pill.” Someone can use emergency contraception within three days of having unprotected sex. No appointment is necessary for emergency contraception. Just come in.
- Pregnancy tests
You do not need your parent or guardian’s permission for these services. These visits are confidential. The doctor cannot tell anyone about your visit.
Primary Care Services
- Sports physicals or exams for working papers
- Immunizations (“shots”)
- Care for conditions such as asthma
- Advice about eating and exercise
- Care when you feel sick
For these services, you will need to bring your parent or guardian with you, especially if you are visiting for the first time. After the first visit, they can sign a form so that you can come in by yourself.
Mental Health and Depression Help
If you’re feeling overwhelmed with school, family or friends, you may want to talk to someone. Come see us, and we’ll connect you with someone to talk to about your problems, however big or small.
Our mission is to provide high-quality health care to all New Yorkers. Whether you’re straight, lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender, our doctors are committed to providing confidential and compassionate care to any young person who walks through our doors.
Sports Physical and Sports Injury Care
Some sports can be demanding on your body. It is important that you get a physical exam before starting any sport. If an injury occurs while playing a sport, our doctors can help decide the best care.
For more information and a list of YouthHealth locations near you, visit nycyouthhealth.org.