There are few things as disruptive to well-being than having difficulty sleeping. NYC Health + Hospitals recognizes this and is committed to delivering high-quality, comprehensive sleep disorder care integrated with social supports to help New Yorkers get the sleep they need.
Both adults and children can suffer from sleep disorders. In fact, 4 percent of adults suffer from sleep apnea, a sleep disorder in which breathing stops and starts. Risk factors for sleeping disorders include:
- Being overweight and having a large neck circumference
- Having a narrow airway
- Chronic nasal congestion
Sleep disorders can be solved with simple lifestyle changes, such as altering nighttime habits. However, people with a serious sleep disorder may require specialized diagnosis and treatment, available at a sleep disorder lab. If you visit one of our labs for treatment, here’s what you can expect:
- You’ll spend the night sleeping onsite at our sleep facility.
- We connect you to sleep-monitoring technology.
- You begin your normal bedtime routine until you fall asleep.
- We monitor and record your breathing, brainwaves and movement.
- We score your electronic sleep record and diagnose your condition.
- We provide treatment options.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County Sleep Disorder Center is the largest sleep lab in our health system. Our other excellent sleep lab facilities include:
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi
- NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central Bronx
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Queens
NYC Health + Hospitals provides high-quality health care to all New Yorkers, regardless of their ability to pay. We’ll also help you find health insurance if you need it. Click here to learn more about MetroPlusHealth, our affordable and comprehensive health insurance plan.
NYC Health + Hospitals provides sleep disorder labs with comprehensive sleep treatment at five of our hospitals. We have full wellness teams in every borough with extended hours that fit your busy schedule, dedicated to serving you and your family from the very first visit. Learn more about our extended hours.