Physical rehabilitation improves and restores functioning for those with physical and thinking impairments. We empower our patients to live their healthiest lives possible by offering intensive rehabilitation services that help restore movement, increase mental functioning and improve life quality.
Our experienced and compassionate rehab teams help you get back on track with:
- Assessment: evaluates you to create your personalized recovery plan
- Treatment: restores your strength and functioning
- Discharge planning: continues your progress after you’re discharged
We offer many affordable options for physical rehabilitation including these advanced rehab services:
NYC Health + Hospitals provides these rehab services at our five long-term nursing and rehabilitation centers, as well as at many of our acute care facilities. Our medical staff provides treatment in many languages at comfortable and modern facilities.
Many of our facilities have additional specializations:
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Sea View is known for its long-term brain injury unit.
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Coler offers inpatient rehab including brain and spinal cord injuries and orthopedic problems.
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Carter has a nationally recognized lung-care program that helps patients regain their ability to breathe on their own after being on a ventilator.
NYC Health + Hospitals provides high-quality health care to all New Yorkers, regardless of their ability to pay. We’ll also help you find health insurance if you need it. Click here to learn more about MetroPlusHealth, our affordable and comprehensive health insurance plan.
NYC Health + Hospitals provides physical rehabilitation at several of our hospitals. We have full wellness teams in every borough with extended hours that fit your busy schedule, dedicated to serving you and your family from the very first visit. Learn more about our extended hours.