Quality Care at Low or No Cost
Oct 21, 2016
Are you one of the many New Yorkers facing rising health care costs and high premiums? MetroPlusHealth may be your solution. We offer low to no cost health coverage with dozens of special plans featuring high quality care for individuals and families. Some of the benefits of MetroPlusHealth include:
- Access to an extensive network of 12,000+ health care providers
- More than 30,000 health care sites
- Providers in every borough
- Range of plans to choose – from standard to premium levels varying from low to no cost
- Free or low cost coverage for children under the age of 19
- Coverage includes:
- preventative services, emergency care, lab tests and X-rays, prescription drugs, inpatient and outpatient care, mental health and substance abuse disorders
- Special care management programs for people with chronic conditions or diseases, such as asthma, diabetes, and HIV/AIDS
- Special programs for pregnant women, victims of domestic violence, and those who have behavioral health or other serious health issues
- Some plans offer dental, vision, and gym reimbursement
- Customer service representatives who can speak your language
- Access to 24-hour health plan medical answering services
- Exclusive health plan, MetroPlusHealth Gold, is available to all New York City employees with no premium and no co-pays
Important dates to remember:
- Open Enrollment Period for New York State of Health Qualified Health Plans: November 1, 2016 – January 31, 2017.
- Many plans, including Medicaid, Child Health Plus and Essential Plan, are open to eligible enrollees all year.
For more information, click here or call 1-800-303-9626.