Having a baby? Make a prenatal appointment today and get to know our outstanding team of obstetricians, midwives, physician assistants, nurses, nutritionists, social workers, health educators, and more. It is essential to start prenatal care as soon as you know you are pregnant.
We provide these services to people of all genders. Our comprehensive obstetrical services feature:
- Prenatal care and childbirth
- Midwifery Practice
- Physician Practice
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine for management of high-risk pregnancies
- Genetic Counseling
- Full range of genetic counseling and testing, including early pregnancy screening
- Nutritionist counseling to assist you in designing a diet, exercise, and wellness plan
- Social Work
- Counseling services, as well as referrals to resources and counselors in the community
- Maternal-Fetal Unit for ultrasounds and special testing
- Specialized management of teen pregnancy
- Childbirth Education
- Classes in the Lamaze child birthing method, breastfeeding, infant care, and parenting
- Lactation Support
- Postpartum care including contraception services
We are proud to have the Baby Friendly designation and support all efforts to ensure you are able to breastfeed your baby if desired.
We also have 24-hour rooming-in for your baby and special visiting hours for siblings.
For more information about classes or for a tour of our beautiful maternity suites, please call.
We provide comprehensive care to people of all genders throughout the lifespan, from adolescent care onward.
Our comprehensive gynecological services feature:
- General Gynecology
- Preventive services such as pap smears, mammography referrals, annual check-ups, and testing for sexually transmitted infections
- Gynecologic Surgery, including Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Family Planning
- Full range of birth control options to meet your needs
- Sterilization Services
- Management of miscarriage
- Pregnancy termination services (see below Women’s Options)
- Office Procedures
- Management of abnormal Pap smears, including colposcopy and cervical excision procedures
- Ultrasound, including specialized ultrasounds and ultrasound-guided procedures
- Minor surgeries such as hysteroscopy, dilation and curettage, and others
- Management of specialized gynecological concerns
- Bladder dysfunction and disorders
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Gynecological malignancies
The Breast Health Center
The increasing rate of breast cancer makes good breast care a priority for all people. The Breast Health Center is dedicated to the prevention, care, and management of breast disease. We provide regular imaging through mammography and ultrasound. We also offer full treatment services provided by a team of physicians from Oncology, General Surgery, and Plastic Surgery, each of whom has expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer. In addition to cisgender women, transgender men and non-binary people are advised to speak to our providers about breast cancer screening.
The Breast Health Center has received a three-year/full accreditation designation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program administered by the American College of Surgeons. Accreditation by the NAPBC is only given to those centers that have voluntarily committed to provide the highest level of quality breast care and that undergo a rigorous evaluation process and review of their performance.
Abortion Services at NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi
To make an appointment to receive detailed counseling about your options, including financial support, please call 718-918-7980.
Abortion care is available Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays.
You can also call 1-844-NYC-4NYC to schedule an appointment at any NYC Health + Hospitals facility.