The NYC Health + Hospitals insurance search is an online resource that allows our patients, communities and employees to view all of the health insurance companies and plans accepted at our hospitals, acute care facilities, and neighborhood health centers.
You can access the insurance search using a desktop computer, a smart phone, or tablet and linking to www.nychealthandhospitals.org/insurance
No. The insurance search will not allow you to sign up for health insurance.
- To learn more about health insurance, or to sign-up for affordable health coverage, visit www.nystateofhealth.ny.gov or call 855-355-5777.
- To find a walk-in location for in-person assistance, access the following website https://info.nystateofhealth.ny.gov/ipanavigatorsitelocations
- You can also contact MetroPlus directly for insurance coverage at 800-475-6387.
- Scroll down the page to see all the health insurances we accept;
- Enter an insurance company name in the search field to see if it is accepted;
- Click an insurance company name to get more information about plans accepted, and NYC Health + Hospitals locations where it is accepted;
- Use the FACILITY dropdown box to select a NYC Health + Hospitals location, and click GO.
No. The insurance search does not allow you to search by doctor’s name. If you enter your doctor’s name in the search field you will get ‘0 results’.
It depends. If the doctor works at a NYC Health + Hospitals facility, the search should be able to tell you if your health insurance is accepted there. Simply select the NYC Health + Hospitals facility and click GO.
Yes. You can also enter Medicaid in the search field and click GO to see which Medicaid plans are accepted.
Yes. Simply enter Medicare in the search field and click GO to see which Medicare plans are accepted.
Here are some reasons why it might not be coming up, and some solutions.
- The health insurance you are searching for is not accepted at NYC Health + Hospitals. Please contact your insurance company directly to confirm.
- Check the spelling. Try re-entering the insurance company name carefully.
- Slow internet speeds can cause slow results.
- High user traffic can cause slow results. Give it a few extra seconds.
- If your smart phone has low available memory, the search might take a while to load.
Please call 833-401-8612 if you are still having problems finding out if your health insurance is accepted.