10 Tips for Healthy Holidays
Love the holiday food but want to avoid packing on the pounds? Here are few healthy eating tips to reduce your calorie intake, decrease fat and carbohydrate content, and keep your weight in check during the holiday season.
- Watch your serving size and number of portions.
- Choose desserts with fresh fruits instead of sugary treats. Try fresh fruit instead of dried.
- Go for dishes packed with fresh or cooked veggies.
- Use whole grain foods like brown rice or whole wheat spaghetti in your meals.
- Add fish to your meals.
- Try baked, broiled or steamed foods instead of fried.
- Use “light” or fat-free salad dressing instead of regular.
- Choose lean cuts of meat like pork loin or sirloin steak.
- Replace sugar with artificial sweeteners.
- Choose water, low-fat or fat-free milk, diet soda or club soda with lime instead of regular soda.