EVUSHELD for COVID-19
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) to make EVUSHELD available during the COVID-19 pandemic.
EVUSHELD is an investigational medicine used in adults and adolescents 12 years of age and older who weigh at least 88 pounds for preexposure prophylaxis for prevention of COVID-19.
EVUSHELD is for persons who are:
- not currently infected with SARS-CoV-2 and who have not had recent known close contact with someone who is infected with SARS-CoV-2 and
- Who have moderate to severe immune compromise due to a medical condition or have received immunosuppressive medicines or treatments and may not mount an adequate immune response to COVID-19 vaccination or
- For whom vaccination with any available COVID-19 vaccine, according to the approved or authorized schedule, is not recommended due to a history of severe adverse reaction (such as severe allergic reaction) to a COVID-19 vaccine(s) or COVID-19 vaccine ingredient(s).
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Queens
Community providers interested in referring their patients for EVUSHELD at NYC Health + Hospitals will need to either complete an eform or call 212 COVID-19.