8 Great Health Services Offered at the COVID-19 Centers of ExcellenceCOVID-19
Mayor Bill de Blasio tours the COVID-19 Center of Excellence in Queens with Sr. VP for Ambulatory Care, Dr. Ted Long and CMO of NYC Health + Hospitals/Gotham Health, Dr. David John.
Even after patients recover from COVID-19, many continue to experience health issues for weeks or months after their illness.
To help New Yorkers battling those ongoing health effects, NYC Health + Hospitals has opened three COVID-19 Centers of Excellence in the city.
The three centers, in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Queens, offer comprehensive physical and mental health care for all New Yorkers. For those recovering from COVID-19, the centers offer specific services for their needs including lung care, supplemental oxygen and heart care.
The health centers also provide primary care and specialty services for adults and children, and also sexual and reproductive health care.
The fight against coronavirus is far from over, and some hard hit communities are now in need of specialty care for COVID-19 related conditions. The new centers bring our expertise to the doorstep of a neighborhood with great need. We want every New Yorker to know that we are here for you.
Dr. David JohnChief Medical Officer at NYC Health + Hospitals/Gotham Health
Here are 8 services available to you at our new centers:
- Comprehensive COVID-19 preventive and ongoing care: We offer testing, lung care and supplemental oxygen. The new facilities also have rooms that help safely isolate patients who may have COVID-19.
- Mental health services: Many New Yorkers are struggling with the emotional impact of COVID-19 including depression and anxiety. Mental health services are available to anyone to help them process and understand stress, anxiety depression or any distress.
- Treatment for chronic conditions: Chronic conditions are often lifelong or life changing and can greatly impact a person’s quality of life and their ability to fight COVID-19. At our COVID-19 health centers, we’ll help you manage conditions like asthma, cancer, diabetes, high blood pressures, HIV/AIDS and other conditions.
- Sexual health and reproductive services: Providers will also provide sexual and reproductive health services including HIV and STD testing, vaccinations and more for patients age 13 and older.
- Resources for mothers: We offer family planning, prenatal and postpartum care and breastfeeding/lactation services.
- Pediatric care: We offer care for babies and children of all ages. We also provide confidential sexual and reproductive care for teenagers and young adults from 13 to 21-years-old.
- Specialty services: See clinicians who are experts in pulmonary treatments, cardiology care and heart health.
- Additional services include: onsite access to medication, diagnostic and radiology services and cancer screenings. We also provide dental, vision and podiatry care.