Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology (Ob/Gyn) provides comprehensive obstetrical and gynecological care for women of all ages. Our newly renovated maternity service offers single-bedded, private, family-friendly labor and delivery rooms; private postpartum rooms with rooming-in services; state-of-the-art equipment; and an advanced security system.
The spacious newborn nursery has fully-equipped Neonatal Intensive Care, Intermediate Care, and Continuing Care Units; a well-baby nursery; and a dedicated breastfeeding education room. As a Level 3 nursery and member of the Regional Perinatal Center at Bellevue Hospital, we are capable of caring for the most acutely sick or at-risk pregnant women and newborns.
Your primary Ob/Gyn provider will work with you to manage your care and coordinate referrals to other services. The caregivers are board certified/eligible physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and certified midwives. We offer free language assistance services to patients who do not speak English well.
Inpatient and Outpatient/Ambulatory Care Services
- Antepartum Care
- Labor and Delivery
- Postpartum Care
- Gynecological Care
- Family Planning
– Pregnancy testing
– Pre-conception counseling for both parents
– Contraceptives (including intrauterine devices, emergency contraception, birth control pills, etc.)
– Termination of Pregnancy
– General preventive care
– Cervical, gynecological, and breast cancer screening evaluation and management
– Urogynecological care
– Infertility specialist
– Comprehensive prenatal care, including high risk services
– Genetic screening and counseling (Amniocentesis and Maternal Alpha-Feto Protein)
– Nutrition screening/assessment/counseling
– Social work screening/assessment
– Laboratory tests/procedures
– Tubal ligation counseling
– Dental screening and referral
– Prenatal education classes
– Child birth Lamaze classes for a natural delivery
– Parenting classes to educate you about child development
– Prenatal Ultrasound Services (i.e., sonograms)
- Patient/family education
– Prenatal care
– Breastfeeding instructions and support
– Newborn infant care
– Disease/condition-specific concerns
- Other services
– Prenatal dental care
– HIV counseling and testing
– Nutrition services
– Social work support
– Insurance application assistance and financial counseling
– Planned Care Visit: a time-saving, comprehensive visit for new mothers-to-be. Learn more.
- “Mom’s Day Out” – a special day for third trimester women and their guests, featuring a dinner, entertainment, giveaways, raffles, and educational information.
- Woman, Infants and Children (WIC) – a supplemental nutrition program that provides free, healthy foods for pregnant or breast-feeding women and children under the age of 5. You receive checks every month to buy the food you and your children need, ideas on how to prepare healthy and tasty meals for your family, and help in getting other healthcare services you need. For more information about the WIC program, visit www.health.ny.gov/prevention/nutrition/wic/.
Nationally Recognized Safe Sleep Hospital
NYC Health + Hospitals/Woodhull has earned Bronze recognition in National Safe Sleep Hospital Certification by Cribs for Kids, an organization dedicated to preventing sleep-related deaths through parent education, staff training, and community outreach.
Remember the ABC’s of Safe Sleep
- Alone: Babies Should Sleep Alone
- Back: Place baby on their Back.
- Crib: Put baby in a safe crib.
For Safe Sleep tips:
Click here for English
Click here for Spanish
Women’s Options Services
NYC Health + Hospitals facilities offer comprehensive and confidential care for women that includes contraceptive counseling, management of pregnancy loss, and elective pregnancy termination. We are committed to providing a safe and supportive environment. Please contact our patient care locations to find the services available. We are dedicated to offering contraceptive services without regard for your ability to pay. In New York State, women under 18 years of age do NOT need parental consent.