Women’s Health Services at NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan includes a wide range of gynecological and obstetric primary and specialty services.
All of our services are provided by qualified doctors, midwives, nurses, and other staff who ensure you receive the best care available.
Financial representatives can help you determine if you are eligible for special low cost or free insurance programs, if needed.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan has state-of-the-art Labor and Delivery Suites along with a dedicated Postpartum pavilion. When needed, newborns have access to a Level III Intensive Care where newborns receive the latest care available.
We also offer an array of prenatal classes to help make a new mother’s experience as fruitful and comfortable as possible. Women are invited to attend our wide range of health education classes, ranging from parenting, breast-feeding, childbirth classes, and special care for pregnant adolescents.
- Prenatal Care Assistant Program (PCAP)
- Ultrasound and antepartum testing
- High-risk obstetrics
- Labor and delivery
- Family-centered care
- Spacious private labor, delivery and recovery suites State-of-the-art pain management, including patient-controlled nitrous oxide
- Wireless fetal monitoring for walking while in labor
- 24-hour midwifery service
- Skin-to-skin with your baby right after delivery
- Private rooms on the post-delivery unit with room for an overnight guest
- 24-hour visiting hours
- For a tour call 212-423-7769
- Neo-natal intensive care
Nationally Recognized Safe Sleep Hospital
NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan has earned Bronze recognition in National Safe Sleep Hospital Certification by Cribs for Kids, an organization dedicated to preventing sleep-related deaths through parent education, staff training, and community outreach.
Remember the ABC’s of Safe Sleep
- Alone: Babies Should Sleep Alone
- Back: Place baby on their Back.
- Crib: Put baby in a safe crib.
Click here to learn what you can do to help your baby sleep safely and to reduce your baby’s risk of SIDS.
Our highly qualified board-certified physicians provide well woman examinations as well as a full range of treatments for various gynecologic disorders.
- Annual well woman exam
- Mammograms (Women’s Imaging Center)
- Pap smear
- Screenings for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Family planning services
- Infertility services
- Gynecologic Surgery
- Genetic Counseling
- YouthHealth Services
Abortion Services at NYC Health + Hospitals/Metropolitan
To make an appointment to receive detailed counseling about your options, including financial support, please call 212-423-6336.
Abortion care is available Wednesdays.
You can also call 1-844-NYC-4NYC to schedule an appointment at any NYC Health + Hospitals facility.