NYC Health + Hospitals/Coney Island’s Dental General Practice Residency Program is a CODA accredited one year program with an optional second year.
- 65% of resident time spent in outpatient care
- 4 week oral surgery rotation at Woodhull Medical Center
During this Rotation residents will provide care and management of patients with oral infections, complex oral-facial emergencies, dentoalveolar surgery, temporomandibular joint and muscle disorders, oral mucosal diseases, oral trauma, biopsies, and pathology evaluation. Residents will manage inpatients and same day surgery patients receiving dental care in the hospital operating room.
- 2 week Anesthesia rotation
During this Rotation residents will gain knowledge of the pharmacology of various anesthetic agents and adjuncts to anesthesia. Residents will experience airway management as well as pre-operative, intra-operative, and post-operative care of patients undergoing anesthetic.
- 2 week Emergency Room rotation
During this Rotation Residents will participate in the diagnosis and treatment of medical, surgical, and dental emergencies. Residents will perform basic patient evaluation, obtain medical and social history, review of systems in both urgent and non-urgent cases, and utilize diagnostic imagining to determine appropriate plan of care.
- On call rotations
- Mandatory attendance at all medical and dental lectures and dental conferences
All residents will be members of CIR Union.
- PGY-1 salary is $61,670 (includes meal allowances)
- PGY-2 salary is $64,221 (includes meal allowances)
- 12 paid holidays
- Sick leave with pay for documented illness
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Medical, dental, disability and life insurance
- $400 CME reimbursement for advanced educational off site conferences
Policies on Blood-Borne and Infectious Diseases are available by contacting Dr. Lyssikatos by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 718-616-0437.