The NYC Health + Hospitals/Coney Island Division of Vascular Surgery treats patients with disorders of the circulatory system. Most of these ailments can be divided into two major groups: atherosclerosis, a disease of the arterial blood vessels, and thrombophlebitis, vein inflammation caused by a blood clot.
To remedy such problems, our team of highly skilled physicians performs installations of:
- Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) Filter (to prevent blood clots in the legs from going up to the lungs)
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters (PICC lines) used to deliver medicine to the appropriate part of the body
- A-V Shunt for dialysis (a surgically placed flexible catheter which connects the radial artery to the cephalic vein or the femoral artery to the femoral vein).
Our Vascular Surgeons also perform Angio Access procedures, such as placing catheters with two ports in the upper chest for dialysis patients and patients in need of long term nutrition, laser treatment of veins, and minimally invasive endovascular Procedures.
The specialists of the Division provide Wound Care and treatment for:
- Carotid disease, blockage of arteries in the neck, a cause of stroke
- Aneurysms, blood clots in the arteries
- Venous disease, blood clots in the veins
- Peripheral vascular disease, diseases of the large arteries
Location: Room 4N39
Monday 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Telephone: Call Center