The Women’s Medical Center at Bellevue Hospital is committed to improving a woman’s health throughout all stages of her life by providing high-quality medical care in all areas of women’s health, including:
- Well-woman screening visits
- Low- or high-risk, and teen pregnancy services
- Women’s cancer
- Gynecologic surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Treatment of pelvic pain and menstrual disorders
- Medical or surgical elective termination of pregnancy
Care is provided by a multidisciplinary team that includes physicians who specialize in women’s health, certified nurse midwives and physician assistants.
- Well-woman visits
- Screening exams for breast and cervical cancers or other medical conditions
- Vaccination to prevent cervical cancer, when appropriate
What conditions do we evaluate and treat?
- Irregular or excessive vaginal bleeding
- Uterine fibroids
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Abnormal pap smears
- Menopausal symptoms
What services do we provide?
- Pap smears, HPV vaccinations
- Pelvic ultrasound
- Sonohysterography (evaluation of the uterine lining with ultrasound)
- Hysteroscopy (evaluation of the uterine lining)
- Colposcopy (evaluation for abnormal pap smears)
- All types of gynecologic surgery, from minimally invasive to hysterectomy
In addition to routine prenatal screening, we provide:
- Obstetrical ultrasound, Prenatal MRI, 3-D imaging, and Genetic Counseling
- Doppler and non-stress testing (testing prior to delivery for those pregnancies requiring special care)
- Birthing classes and scheduled tours of our labor and delivery suites
- Free walk-in pregnancy testing (a NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue clinic card is required): Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm at Desk 4D in the Ambulatory Care Building
We provide services for all types of pregnancies, including:
- Low-risk pregnancies
- High-risk pregnancies complicated by medical problems or for women with a history of complicated pregnancies or pregnancy losses in the past
- Teen pregnancies, for which we have a special clinic
If your pregnancy is low risk, you can be followed by our certified nurse midwives or obstetricians.
If your pregnancy is high risk, you will be seen in our specialized clinics. If you deliver prematurely or have a baby with complications, your baby can be taken care of in our new state-of-the-art Level III Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
Our Division of Reproductive Choice offers:
- Services for contraception and all other aspects of family planning, including contraceptive supplies at minimal cost
- Counseling, consultations, and other services to the Women’s Health clinic
- Services for all types of abnormal pregnancies, as well as management of ectopic pregnancies
- Evaluation and provision of services to prevent unwanted pregnancy, ranging from hormonal contraception, intrauterine devices, implantable contraception, and permanent sterilization
Infertility, Urogynecology, and Cancer Services
We have board-certified specialists to assist women who have had trouble becoming pregnant, women who have problems controlling their urine or whose pelvic organs are dropping, and women who have cancers involving their pelvic organs.
Women’s Options Services
NYC Health + Hospitals facilities offer comprehensive and confidential care for women that includes contraceptive counseling, management of pregnancy loss, and elective pregnancy termination. We are committed to providing a safe and supportive environment. Please contact our patient care locations to find the services available. We are dedicated to offering contraceptive services without regard for your ability to pay. In New York State, women under 18 years of age do NOT need parental consent.