You can find quality, affordable and personalized care right here in East New York and the surrounding communities in Brooklyn. NYC Health + Hospitals/East New York provides the full spectrum of care for children and adults. Our dedicated staff emphasizes primary and preventive care, working with you to help you achieve your health goals.
Patient-Centered Healthcare in Brooklyn
We deliver patient-centered, effective and cost-efficient health services. As part of our patient care, we appoint a personal health care provider for each patient. The health care provider serves as a care coordinator, working with the primary care physicians, nursing staff, social workers and nutritionists to ensure that we meet your medical, psychological and emotional needs. Your health care team is always available for you, and you can reach us at any time of day or night.
Our health care services include:
| Child Health Services
Mental Health Services
HIV/AIDS Testing and Treatment
| Adolescent Health Services
Women's Health Services
Prevention and treatment for chronic illnesses such as asthma, diabetes and hypertension
Referrals to inpatient hospital care and dozens of specialty services provided by the NYC Health + Hospitals.
Special Healthcare Programs at NYC Health + Hospitals/East New York
Our experienced staff has developed special programs to address the needs of our community. We believe that health care extends beyond the four walls of our hospital. We respond to local health concerns through many forms of community involvement:
- Women’s Breast Health Services - As part of the Brooklyn Breast Health partnership, we offer an extensive outreach program to women 35 years of age and older. This includes:
- Biweekly education classes taught by registered nurses
- On-site mammography
- Medical care for the homeless. We operate medical units at local homeless shelters.
- Primary care for school children. We provide primary care services to students in public schools during school hours and to community members after school hours.
- Mental health. Our highly regarded Child and Adolescent Mental Health Clinic provides psychiatric assessment and treatment for children from newborns to 18 years of age.
- Family therapy. We offer general family therapy and therapy for families affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Learning disabilities testing. We provide psychological testing and screening for learning disabilities.
- Help after severe trauma. For patients who experienced severe trauma, we offer assessment and treatment of the psychological effects of the trauma.
- HIV/AIDS Treatment Services – Our HIV/AIDS Treatment Services (HATS) Clinic concentrates on providing the full spectrum of services for HIV/AIDS patients. The HATS mobile van team also goes into the community to provide HIV education outreach and home visits. Our services include:
- Substance abuse prevention
- Confidential HIV counseling
- Primary care
- Assistance with obtaining social services
We create a personalized treatment plan for our patients, to ensure each patient’s best outcome.
Learn more about your rights as a patient in any of our hospitals or health centers.
Avoid Surprises. Reduce your chances of receiving an unexpected invoice for non-emergency health care. Get information about how to reach our financial counselors, what health plans we participate in and the costs for many of our services.
NYC Health + Hospitals/East New York
2094 Pitkin Avenue
Brooklyn, New York 11207
NYC Health + Hospitals/East New York 2015 Stats